Monday, September 24, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!


 
....the most wonderful time for a costumer, that is.  All Hallows Eve approaches which means lots of sewing for me.  I've taken on a few Costume Diva commissions, and am still open for a few more if you get your orders in by October 8th.  I thought I'd show off a commission I made last year that I never got around to posting.



My good friend Lauren from high school gave me free reign, and told me she wanted a spooky Victorian costume, using Disney's Haunted Mansion as my inspiration.  For my pattern I used Simplicity 2207 (a new Steampunk collection they came out with last year).  I dove into my local Fabric store's $2 bin and managed to find the fabulous black and white striped twill that the dress is made out of.  I trimmed it with black tulle and a deep burgundy crepe.  I had tons of tulle left over when I was finished with the trim and tulle bustle, so I decided to make a tulle shawl with silk rose petals sandwiched in the layers.

Lauren had a great time playing a Victorian Vampire, and she really brought this costume to life!!