Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My Pattern Has Arrived!!

...Just in time to get packed up with the move! Too bad, huh? Well, the good news is that I got to pack up the pattern in my air freight which will hopefull get to Poland in less than three weeks. The bad news is that my undergarments, required to fit the outfit, are going slow freight, so the best you can expect to see here will be a cotton muslin in the next few months.

However, never one to be dissuaded by a move, and propelled forward by some odd sewing obsession, I WAS able to pack up a modern suit pattern wtih fabric into my air freight. Despite the fact that it isn't a costume, I think I'll put my progress on this site. Here's the pattern that will be made up in a gorgeous raw silk suiting in a dusty cream/rose weave. I got the fabric last weekend during the President's Day sale at G-street fabrics. I got everything for the outfit (lining, ribbon, fabric, zippers, etc) for $115!! I'm making view B of the pattern (the purple one) without the fringe.

5 comments:

Anna said...

I can't believe you! Do you have the suiting already, and why did I not know about this?!?! It's going to look gorgeous on you :)

Anna said...

Oh, also, which veiw are you doing?

Costume Diva said...

Hey Anna!! I updated the blog to put more info in. :) I noticed the pattern in the new Simplicity catalog, and mentioned it to my mom. The pattern showed up in the mail the next week from her! :) It's not too hard to rationalize spending $100 on a suit that I'll wear to work versus a costume, so this project is guilt free!

Anonymous said...

Looks very cool!
Meanwhile, I thought you might enjoy this: http://www.worldoflongmire.com/features/romance_novels/

Anonymous said...

er, and for those of us who like to CLICK: LINK! LINK! LINK!