Thursday, September 23, 2004

Ball Gown: Ruffles Galore


Progress Report: Ruffles Galore!
It's official - I've picked up the green taffeta civil war ball gown that was set aside for a few months. I decided that it would be best to hurry up and get the annoying ruffles pinned onto the skirt and have it over with. So, I sat down in front of the TV for a few hours, pulled in my gathering stiches (remember...each ruffle is 20 feet long) and pinned them to the underskirt. Tomorrow I'll go ahead and sew them down, but the diffucult part is accomplished! I can only hope that the worst is behind me...but then again I've never attempted cartridge pleats, and they're looming on the horizon. Next, I believe I assemble the overskirt, trim the overskirt, and then sew the overskirt and underskirt together.
Posted by Hello

No comments: